Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My Scary Moment

This morning I started with positive energy. I felt good and everything was perfect. I was not thinking of anything going wrong today. I thought it would be just a regular day doing my routine tasks. I never counted on anything wrong happening at any time, any day, especially at home. I thought my home was the safest place I could be, but once again there is no such safe place.

My daughter and I were eating our breakfast when the Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detector beeped, so we both began panicking. This was a very scary moment because I didn’t know what to do. I told my daughter to grab her school stuff and to leave the house right away to save her life. I immediately opened my windows to let the fresh air ventilate my house. Other than that I really didn’t know what to do so I turned on my computer to read about Carbon Monoxide. I am thanking God that my CO detector was only beeping because of a low battery.

My scary moment will give me a reason to educate myself about CO alarms. I learned my lesson that I need to prepare myself for this kind of situation. I am sharing this experience with you because anything can happen at anytime and any place. Carbon monoxide is a flammable, colorless, odorless, tasteless toxic gas produced during incomplete combustion of fuel - Natural Gas, Oil, Coal, Wood, Kerosene, etc. Hundreds of people die each year from CO thousands of others are treated in hospitals for it. It has symptoms similar to the flu, so may often go undiagnosed until it is too late. Everyone should invest in a CO alarm to give you peace of mind about this dangerous chemical.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi sis! re: friendship chain.. I've update it already and added your link. Just copy it and paste it to as post and add your site, then you can tag others so the chain will spread.

:) take care! PinaywifeSpeaks