Thursday, March 20, 2008

How I Maintain My Weight


The best gift I can give to my family is to maintain my good health. One key to good health is to have a healthy weight level. There are many ways to maintain a good weight, but here is what works for me.

The first key to keeping my weight down is to eat a healthy diet. This is accomplished by eating mostly healthy foods, such as whole grains, fresh leafy vegetables, fruits and lean meats, preferably fish. I try to minimize my intake of fatty foods and also my intake of red meat. I also can eat beans as a source of protein instead of meat. I eat many of my meals with whole grain rice. This all helps give me energy while not giving me too many calories. It is also important to me that I eat breakfast everyday. This is the most important meal as it gives you your energy for the day and you also have the whole day in which to burn off the calories.

The second key is to keep moving! Exercise of any kind will burn off more calories than if you are just sitting around. I like to keep active. I often go with my husband to the gym, where I do treadmill exercise for cardio and also lift weights for strength training. But this is not the only way I get exercise. I also do many household chores that require me to make numerous trips up and down our stairs. This added movement also helps burn calories. During warm weather, I spend a lot of time in my garden, and this exercise also helps to maintain my weight. I often walk with my friends in the morning when the weather is good, or we can walk around indoors during bad weather. The point is to keep moving!

Through healthy eating and good exercise I am able to keep my weight at a healthy living. These things are the type of things anyone can do, so I hope others will have success as I have
.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice blog. Every body should follow this in his daily routine.

Anonymous said...

you're so pretty you need something else,do you know it ?

dreamer_studio13@windowslive.com